UK–Singapore Collaborative R&D Call
For local startups/ SMEs to partner with UK companies on joint innovation projects for R&D, commercialisation and business expansion.
For Singapore companies, up to 70% of project costs may be supported.
This edition of the call will focus on Sustainability and Net Zero projects.
About this programme
The UK–Singapore Collaborative R&D Call is jointly administered by Enterprise Singapore and Innovate UK. This programme aims to encourage the development of ready-to-market solutions for products, technology-based services or processes that have strong market potential for Singapore, UK or the international market.This call seeks solutions that directly address Sustainability and Net Zero challenges in key technology areas, including:
- Agrifood Tech
- Clean Energy & Renewables
- Green Buildings
- Sustainable Manufacturing & Materials
- Urban Mobility
- Water & Environment
- Waste Management
About Innovate UK
Project consortiums comprising at least one research performer and one business from UK and one research performer and one business from Singapore are preferred.
All Singapore companies must meet all of the following eligibility criteria in order to apply:
|Consortium composition requirements||
A project consortium must minimally comprise of 1 UK company and 1 SG company, both independent of each other.
Although not mandatory, research performers from academic / research institutions are encouraged to join the consortium, but they cannot work alone.
Companies should review this call document thoroughly for full details on the next call and application process.To apply, Singapore companies should:
- Submit your preliminary request to EnterpriseSG via here as soon as possible (by 15 November 2023). Thereafter, EnterpriseSG will be in touch to share more details on the application process.
- Complete the application via the Business Grant Portal as advised by EnterpriseSG, along with all the supporting documents stated below, by 6 December 2023, 1900 hrs (SGT, GMT +8) to be considered for funding.
- Latest ACRA business profile (retrieved within six months from application date)
- Latest and previous two years audited financial statements or official management accounts
- Relevant key quotations (e.g. equipment & software, materials & consumables, professional services)
- Any Letter of Intents
Companies can look for suitable project partners through the B2Match Partner Matching Platform.