For Singapore Exports to Chinese Taipei: Opening Up Chinese Taipei’s market
Singapore will stand to benefit from the progressive elimination of tariffs on close to all of Singapore’s current exports to Chinese Taipei once ASTEP is fully implemented. Approximately 98% of Singapore’s current exports will qualify for immediate tariff-free treatment, while the remaining 2% will qualify at ten or fifteen years after ASTEP entered into force.
Singapore-based companies exporting to Chinese Taipei, particularly those in the electronics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, machinery and processed food products sectors, will stand to benefit from the removal of tariffs.
Tariff elimination will deliver significant benefits for Singapore exporters:
The table below provides a summary of Chinese Taipei’s tariff commitments under ASTEP:
2Only 0.002% of current trade is excluded from Chinese Taipei’s tariff elimination schedule. These excluded products are very specific dairy and agriculture goods such as fresh milk, mixtures of nuts and seeds, and red beans.
Chinese Taipei’s tariff schedule is set out in Annex 3B of ASTEP. Preferential tariffs are only awarded to goods that meet the Rules of Origin stated in ASTEP.
For Chinese Taipei Exports to Singapore
ASTEP provides for immediate elimination of tariffs on all goods originating from Chinese Taipei.